Building Permit Technician
Building Permit Technician
Santa Rosa County Building Inspections Department needs a Full-Time Building Permit Technician to work in their Milton Office. This position performs specialized and technical clerical work in the processing and examination of applications for permits as well as the enforcement of the City’s Zoning, Building and licensing regulations. Check out the description below to see if this position sounds like a great fit for you!
* Processing applications for permits and provides technical information such as location of legal description, using scale rule for metes and bounds.
* Interpreting zoning codes for minimum setbacks, reviews plot plan for current setbacks in accordance with zoning requirements.
* Advising and verifying collection of impact fees when required; calculates and collects proper impact fees and assigns correct zone for money to be allocated when appropriate.
* Reviewing maps for proper inspection area; checks flood maps and determines if in a flood zone.
* Verifying land use, type, density and minimum lot size for conformance to Land Development Code.
* Verifying existing addresses for permits.
* Assisting citizens with concerns, questions and information regarding the FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps.
* Reviewing contractor applications for current license and insurance coverage; assists contractors with license registration and renewal.
* Reviewing plans for proper stamps and documentation.
* Calculating permit and plan review fees; ensures plans are reviewed by appropriate plans examiner.
* Reviewing blueprints or drawings for minimum plan review criteria.
* Verifying documentation for Florida Product Approval codes.
* Issuing Certificates of Occupancy.
* Processing faxed and emailed permit applications.
* Processing revisions to active permits.
* Accepting, receipts and balances monetary transactions.
* Interpreting policies and procedures for adherence to and application of the Development Services Center Customer Service Standards as well as other program guidelines as established at the time of employment or modified thereafter.
* Performing data entry functions.
* Assisting public by explaining laws, procedures and other related information in person and via phone; provides information regarding the development approval processes and procedures.
* Compiling and types statistical reports.
* Interacts with the public in an effective and courteous manner.
* Performs related duties as required.
* A four=year high school diploma or its educational equivalent; supplemented by two (2) years of zoning, building or land development regulations, general contracting or real estate experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
* Must be computer literate.
Compensation and Schedule:
* This position is full-time and pays $15.44 - $17.58 per hour depending on experience
* Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
This assignment is considered Temporary and could last 1-3 months, possibly longer.
Does this job sound like a perfect match for your personality, skills and previous experience? Apply today!
If selected to continue to the next step in the hiring process, an HR Specialist will contact you.