Technician V - Engineering
Technician V - Engineering
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
An Aerospace & Electronics company in Fort Walton Beach is seeking a full-time Technician V to join their team. This position performs the complete functional and acceptance test of the more complex electronic, electromechanical, or mechanical systems and products. Check out the description below to see if this position sounds like a great fit for you!
*Assisting the engineers and performing independently all work necessary in an assigned engineering development lab to layout, fabricate, test, build prototypes, and otherwise assist in the development verification, validation, and qualification of products and/or test equipment.
*Interpreting and working in accordance with work orders, drawings, and schematics, sketches, catalogs, manuals, all other applicable engineering and customer specifications, and oral instructions.
*Setting up, adjusting, adapting, operating, and interpreting results from standard and special purpose test equipment applicable to assigned area, such as multi-meters, signal generators, power supplies, bridges, oscilloscopes, field intensity meters, altitude chamber, flow meter, automatic test equipment or special test consoles to simulate in-service condition.
*Performing functional, calibration, qualification, acceptance tests (if applicable), design verification tests under all applicable environmental and operational variables such as temperature, humidity, altitude, shock, vibration, EMI, and various stresses.
*Performing preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems.
*Testing and aligning hybrid circuitry.
*Modifying and updating Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs), Standard Test Procedures (STPs), Qualification Test Procedures (QTPs), Design Verification Test Procedures (DVTPs), and other relevant and related procedures and perform each test accordingly.
*Documenting, analyzing, and organizing test data, make computations, plot, graph, and chart as needed, and otherwise prepare concise and accurate reports of test results.
*Interfacing with all applicable groups such as Production Technicians, Assemblers, Buyers, Engineers, and others as necessary to exchange information, provide technical assistance and share equipment; assisting with the transition of engineering to production.
*Setting up equipment and interpreting specifications; training, mentoring, and checking the accuracy of work of designated employees of lower classification.
*Programing test equipment; utilizing and programing other software necessary to complete job responsibilities.
*Assisting and participating in design rules for engineering and manufacturing.
*Interfacing with customers, and providing customer support, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems and providing information on product.
*Performing reliability tests for probable life, probable failure, extreme conditions, etc.
*Completing any other task assigned by supervisor or management.
* Able to work in a manufacturing environment
* A great communicator, verbally and written
* Knowledgeable of practical application of engineering electronics, science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
*A good communication, oral and written.
*Able to lift up to 35 pounds.
* BA or BS degree in an Engineering discipline is require
* 8+ years of related experience is required
* Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
* Working Conditions: you may be required to use safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, gowning, masks, hearing protectors, heel/wrist straps and other required PPE. You may be exposed to unusual environmental conditions such as loud noises, cold temperatures, confined spaces, dust or fumes.
Compensation and Schedule:
* This position is full-time and pays $23.00-$26.00/Hour, depending on experience.
* Hours are Monday through Thursday from 6:00 am to 3:30 pm and every other Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
* Full benefits offered after conversion to client’s payroll
This assignment is considered “Contract-to-Direct,” meaning you will remain on LandrumHR’s payroll for at least 15 weeks. Once the 15 weeks is over, your employer can elect to bring you onto their payroll or extend the assignment out longer through LandrumHR.
Does this job sound like a perfect match for your personality, skills and previous experience? Apply today! If selected to continue to the next step in the hiring process, an HR Specialist will contact you.