Line Locator - Utilities
Line Locator - Utilities
A utility company in Navarre is in need of a full-time Line Locator to join their team of employees. Check out the description below to see if this position sounds like a great fit for you!
The company’s culture can be described as customer oriented and fast pace. The dress code will be Casual/Industrial with closed toed shoes; other proper safety clothing will be assigned.
* Locating lines for all road and utility companies.
*Working with construction crews and contractors to locate and inspect lines.
*Operating GPR safely on road right of ways.
*Understanding and implementing the diamond mapping system.
*Using GPS equipment to record correct location of utilities.
*Assisting the valve crew in location and marking of valves.
*Maintaining fire hydrants (spot, flush, paint, repair).
*Performing other duties, as directed.
* Highly motivated and intuitive with what needs to be done
* Reliable with a can-do attitude
*Able to operate a computer on GPS and a desk computer; proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Docs.
*Able to calculate the distance from valves, pipes, and structures.
*Able to dig for pipe confirmations.
* High School Diploma or GED
* One to three months related experience and/or training is preferred
* General knowledge of heavy machine operation
* Knowledge of industry standard hand signals
* Current Florida Driver’s License required; Florida Class “A” CDL is preferred.
*This employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
*This employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or more than 100 pounds.
*While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Compensation and Schedule:
* This position is full-time and pays $11 per hour/ dependent upon experience
* Hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with an hour unpaid lunch.
* Paid holidays
* Health Insurance
*This assignment is considered “Contract-to-Direct,” meaning you will remain on LandrumHR’s payroll for at least 12 weeks. Once the 12 weeks is over, your employer can elect to bring you onto their payroll or extend the assignment out longer through LandrumHR.
Does this job sound like a perfect match for your personality, skills and previous experience? Apply today!
If selected to continue to the next step in the hiring process, an HR Specialist will contact you.