Engineering Services Technician
Engineering Services Technician
A Natural Gas Utility in Pensacola is in need of a full-time Engineering Services Technician to join their team. The position will require work in the field and in the office performing engineering tasks in the construction, operation, and maintenance of utility distribution systems. Under general supervision, an employee in this class will review subdivision plats and construction and roadway plans for coordination with utility lines and insurance of compliance with plan and permit specifications. There are opportunities for growth in the position, check out the rest of the job description below to see if this position sounds like a great fit for you!
* Assisting with the investigation and design of engineering projects.
* Participating in engineering studies, investigations, and surveys relating to construction projects.
* Preparing construction cost estimates, drafting preliminary designs, and performing related engineering drafting.
* Assisting in securing proper work permits.
* Reviewing work orders and helping to ensure projects are completed as specified, within established timeframes, and in accordance with approved project plans
.* Maintaining and manipulating project and/or departmental databases as needed to track projects, inventory, and other resources or components of assigned projects.
* Assisting project managers as needed in the coordination of projects to include assisting with resolution planning for project complications.
* Utilizing GIS systems as needed to create, edit, and maintain features and geometric networks.
*Utilizing Trimble handheld GPS unit to collect field data.
*Interpreting legal descriptions/instruments, survey bearings, and technical plans/drawings to determine boundaries, assets, and facilities for georeferencing.
* Providing reports and maps to field personnel, department heads, and regulatory agencies.
* Coordinating information with city, county, state, other agencies, consultants, and contractors.
* Highly motivated and intuitive with what needs to be done.
* Organized and have an eye for detail.
* Hard working and methodical in processes.
:* A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management is required.
*Work or Internship experience with plan reviews, site construction or utility distribution is preferred
*Coursework or Experience with Geographic Information Systems (ArcGIS) is preferred
* The ability to lift between 50 - 100 lbs
.* The ability to work outside and in various weather conditions.
* Valid driver's license.
Compensation and Schedule:
* This position is full-time and pay starts at $16/hr but could pay more depending on experience
* Hours are Monday through Friday from 7 am until 4pm
This assignment is considered “Contract-to-Direct,” meaning you will remain on LandrumHR’s payroll for at least 15 weeks. Once the 15 weeks is over, your employer can elect to bring you onto their payroll or extend the assignment out longer through LandrumHR.
Does this job sound like a perfect match for your personality, skills and previous experience? Apply today!
If selected to continue to the next step in the hiring process, an HR Specialist will contact you