A County Facility in Milton needs a full-time Veterinary Technician to join their team. Check out the description below to see if this position sounds like a great fit for you!
* Ensuring the safe and health of animals and co-workers by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, maintaining a clean, sterile, and organized treatment area and surgery suite.
* Assisting shelter Veterinarian in surgical procedures by monitoring anesthesia, heart rate and blood pressure, running the autoclave, cleaning instruments and “gloving in” when necessary.
* Preparing animals for surgery, performs pre and post-surgical observations of animals and reports condition changes.
* Acting as an extra set of eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality animal care and to maximize the veterinarian’s productivity. Performs procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance, (examples: bandaging animals, drawing up drug dosages, cleaning wounds).
* Performing emergency medical care to sick and injured animals. Initiates advanced and basic life support by following protocols and veterinarian.
* Preparing veterinarian care reports which involves documenting medical conditions and activities applied to patients using a computer
* Communicating medical conditions with wet, adopters, animals care groups and kennel staff.
* Sedates and prepares animals for surgery including weighing and shaving animals, calculating drug dosages and preparing injections.
* Draws up, logs and administers controlled substances under supervision of veterinarian. Performs venipuncture to draw blood samples for animals, runs and interprets diagnostic tests using blood samples.
* Collects fecal samples from animals and processes for results. Performs skin scraping from animals with skin problems. Communicates test results to veterinarian.
* Enters medical information, medication, surgical procedures performed into the computer system
* Monitors inventory levels and maintains medical supply and drug inventory for entire facility.
* Maintains a sanitary environment in surgery and clinic area by cleaning surgery and clinic areas including cages, counters, tables and floors.
* Assesses animals within shelter for adoption. Cleans and feeds animals in other kennel areas within facility as needed. Unloads feed and supplies from trucks.
* A high school diploma or GED
* One-year experience in handling or training animals or experience as a veterinary technician; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience enough to successfully perform the duties of the job listed above.
* Florida Veterinary Medical Technician Certification preferred
* Valid Driver’s License
* Must be able to obtain Euthanasia Technician Certification in State of Florida within one year of employment.
Compensation and Schedule:
* This position is full time and pays $14.54 - $16.89 hourly ($30,243.20 - $35,131.20 annually)
* Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
This assignment is considered “Contract-to-Direct,” meaning you will remain on LandrumHR’s payroll for at least 15 weeks. Once the 15 weeks is over, your employer can elect to bring you onto their payroll or extend the assignment out longer through LandrumHR.
Does this job sound like a perfect match for your personality, skills and previous experience? Apply today!
If selected to continue to the next step in the hiring process, an HR Specialist will contact you.