Technician III Electronics
Technician III Electronics
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
An electronics company in Fort Walton Beach is in need of a full-time Engineering Lab Technician to join their team. Check out the description below to see if this position sounds like a great fit for you!
This client designs and manufactures high-density, high-reliability electronics for aerospace, space, military, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Their services include customized-contract manufacturing service and products focused on military and defense applications. This position will work in the Engineering Test Lab and assist the Test Engineers in designing and building the test equipment for products that are currently being developed.
* Reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematic drawings; Using manufacturing and engineering instructions for testing assembled electronic or mechanical units, applying knowledge of electronic or mechanical theory and components
* Creating non-conformance reports including detailed description of testing performed, resulting failure and initial root cause investigation results; performing all testing operations within assigned functional area
* Interpreting and working in accordance with work orders, drawings and schematics, functional and acceptance test procedures, failure reports, manuals and all other applicable engineering and production specifications
* Calibrating or otherwise adjusting assigned units by such means as component selection, potentiometer adjustment, clocking or other positioning, shimming, tension or coil adjustments, bearing and gear adjustments, as appropriate for specific unit; Making required mathematical calculations for voltage, resistance, current, impedance, amplification, flow rate and mass, mechanical dimensions and adjustments
* Performing automated testing and performance testing using a variety of automated testing equipment and special test console to simulate in-service specifications, including but not limited to: vibe, burn in, thermal cycle and flying probe & ICT
* Performing manual testing involving setup, adjustment, operation and interpretation of results from standard and special purpose test equipment, applicable to assigned product area, such as differential and multi-meters, signal generators, power supplies, bridges, oscilloscopes, altitude chamber, flow meter and hi-pot
* Testing units in other programs not normally worked on and units of greater complexity under limited supervision
* Practicing safe work habits as established by OSHA
* Maintaining system logs and manuals to document testing and operation of equipment
* Testing units in other programs not normally worked on, and units of greater complexity under limited supervision
* Cross training less experienced technicians and taking a leadership role in the value stream
* Troubleshooting production failures down to the component level
* Other tasks may be assigned by supervisor or management
* Flexible and willing to work overtime when necessary
* A US Citizen or Permanent Resident and doesn’t require Visa Sponsorship to be eligible
* Able to work in conditions which are considered normal for a manufacturing environment
* Able to lift up to 40 pounds
* Able to push up to 100 pounds
* 3-5 years of experience in a related field, or equivalent education
* Previous experience working on New Development programs
* Previous experience working on power supplies
* Associates degree in Electronic or Mechanical Technology
* Outstanding communication skills in English: verbal – speech and listening, as well as written expression and comprehension
Compensation and Schedule:
* This position is full-time and pays $20 to $25 per hour
* Hours are Monday through Thursday from 6:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and every other Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
* Full benefits offered after conversion to client's payroll
This assignment is considered “Contract-to-Direct,” meaning you will remain on LandrumHR’s payroll for at least 15 weeks. Once the 15 weeks is over, your employer can elect to bring you onto their payroll or extend the assignment out longer through LandrumHR.
Does this job sound like a perfect match for your personality, skills and previous experience? Apply today!
If selected to continue to the next step in the hiring process, a HR Specialist will contact you.